- 1 Sponsors
- 2 General Information
- 3 What's new?
- 4 Help Promote BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0
- 5 When and Where
- 6 unAgenda
- 7 Participants
- 8 Would love to come, but can't make it
- 9 Organizing Committee
- 10 Blogs
- 11 Travel
- 12 Contact
- 13 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 is a European conference focusing exclusively on blogging, organized by bloggers for bloggers. It's built upon the principles of the famous BarCamp ("ad-hoc unconference"). The next BlogCamp will again host an open environment at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH), for a maximum of 200 Bloggers from all over Europe. We're again expecting an intense event with discussions, demos and interaction between attendees. Any blogger who wants to contribute is welcome and invited to join.
This is a non-profit event: Attending is free of charge. Watch this video to understand what the BarCamp principles are about.
If you attended the first BlogCampSwitzerland in March: this one is going to be pretty much the same - so relax, you already know how it works. There are going to be three differences, all per request of participants of 1.0:
- liveDEMO: One room out of the five will be reserved for demos - of new software, new websites, new startups, etc.
- We're going to have five consecutive slots instead of four, so you get to see one more session.
- Lunch will be provided on site to reduce stress and allow more time for talks.
If you did NOT attend BlogCampSwitzerland 1.0: You'll easily get into it! We cannot think of any excuse for not coming - again.
Help Promote BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0
Help promote BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 - put a banner on your site and write about it in your blog!
Please use (again) the tag "blogcampswitzerland".
When and Where
Date and Times:
- October 20, 2007 (Saturday), 10 am - 5 pm (time schedule)
- ETH Zurich, HG Building ("HG" for German "Hauptgebäude", i.e. "main building"), auditoriums HG D5.1, HG D5.2, HG D5.3, HG D7.1, HG D7.2. These are some of the finest, freshly renovated auditoriums at ETH Zurich, with brand-new audio and visual equipment.
There will be free wireless net access (WLAN). Think about securing your connection if you want to keep your passwords, etc. confidential (e.g. by using Swiss VPN)!
Please find more information further down in the Travel section.
Enter your name, affiliation (optional), if you want to give a presentation. You can talk about anything you like around blogging and blogs. Please note that we will NOT put together a program by assigning rooms and time slots. The final "unAgenda" will be composed by posting your topic on the spot.(*Please keep in mind this is a blog and blogging focused event. Your session should primarily target bloggers as an audience)
There will be 20 minute slots for presentations followed by about another 20 minutes Q&A and discussions. So you get around 45 minutes.
You are free to present in any language you want. English, German, Swiss German, French, Italian? Take your pick.
- Jürg Vollmer, 10 Tipps für bessere Weblog-Texte (Readability Optimization) [de]
- Andreas Von Gunten, Don't hack, write! Software-as-a-Service for Bloggers [en/de]
- Leila Summa & Stefan Bucher, ½ Jahr intern "bloggen" bei cablecom: eine Zwischenbilanz.[de]
- Roman Hanhart, Blogs am Rande des Mainstreams [de]
- Cédric Hüsler, Geoweb - because location matters (slides & links)
- Jan Theofel Erfahrungen aus grossen Weblogprojekten [de] Bereits bekannt vom Barcamp Hamburg und Köln: Viele Einträge mit wenig Zeit / vielen Autoren, Live-Blogging von Messen, etc. Erfahrungsbericht (Präsentation) und Ideenaustausch (Diskussion)
- (Stephanie Booth: Why Stop at Blogging 101? (might end up being something completely different, but this is today's idea -- suggestions welcome)) not certain I'll be there I'm afraid, will be a last-minute decision
- Jochen Lillich: Getting Blogs Done -- Mehr Produktivität beim Bloggen. [de]
- Peter Hogenkamp (nur wenn noch Platz ist), Web 2.0-Produktivitäts-Tools (highrisehq, bemite, XING etc.) für Freiberufler und Startups. [de]
- Michael Gisiger: Copyright, Copywrong - Radikale Stimmen zum Urheberrecht [de] (aber nur, wenn dieses mehr oder weniger OT-Thema überhaupt gewüscht ist; mehr dazu hier, Feedback willkommen) -> durchwegs positives Feedback, ich mach's ;)
- Stefan Bucher, Das Quartettkartenspiel - Wie ich Corporate Blogs präsentierte am Web 2.0-Forum 2007 [de]
- Christoph Lüscher, Blogs und institutionelle Medien auf Augenhöhe: erste Erfahrungen mit FACTS 2.0 [de]
- Sacha Lemaire: (falls erwünscht) Vorstellung BarCampRhine : Internationaler BarCamp mit Schwerrpunkt interkulturelle Kollaboration auf einem Schiff von Basel bis Rotterdam.
- Patrick Zoll, Erste Ergebnisse der Online-Umfrage zu «Podcasts in der integrierten Unternehmenskommunikation: Best Practices aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum» [de]
- Adrian Heydecker soultank AG, Blog Usability -- Bloggen für Leser ausserhalb der Blogosphäre [de]
- Dannie Jost interactive mashup: The Swiss Myth [en]
- Barbara Regenass Kyte TV: User-Generated Content, Social Networks und mobile Dienste vereint. [de]
liveDEMO (max. 7 projects)
liveDEMO: One room will be for demos exclusively, on the same schedule. So whether you want to present your new world-exclusive community portal, or your free WordPress plugin, feel free.
- CityEngine - Procedural 3D City Modeling presenting by Pascal Mueller
- kooaba new and creative solutions for mobile blogging presented by Herbert Bay
- Swissopolis - Second Life sensation from Switzerland presented by Roman Balzan
- smaboo - Embedded Branding with Notebooks - The online platform where private persons are able to market themselves as media space, by Adrian Locher
- Anton Fessler, Dein Blog auf meinem Handy (sende audiop s an 363) - warum es sich lohnt Geschriebenes mit Audio zu würzen [de]
- Wuala - Distributed online storage 2.0 - by Luzius Meisser (cofounder, engineer)
- the pianobakery - Worlds first media asset management system for the Mac presenting by Michael Ruepp
- c.blog - C the difference - presented by Sven Jansen (leider hat mir gerade Michael Rupp den letzten Speaker Platz weggeschnappt :-(, vielleicht bekomme ich ja trotzdem 10min?) Streichen wir doch den unnötigen Second Life-Spam! [Sven, you can have 10 mins of my slot if you want. Luzius]
Recorded Sessions and Slides
- Adrian Heydecker, Blog Usability: Slidecast with audio track
- Cédric Hüsler, Geoweb - because location matters slides & links
- «Politik 2.0 – Blogs und die breite politische Öffentlichkeit», Vortragsfolien und LiveBlogging
- Slidecast c.Blog
- Patrick Zoll, Was macht Corporate Blogs erfolgreich? Erstmalige Präsentation von Resultaten einer Umfrage unter Corporate Podcastern im deutschsprachigen Raum
- Peter Hogenkamp: Intro Session (Google Video)
- Jochen Lillich: Getting Blogs Done (Google Video)
- Cédric Hüsler: Geoweb (Google Video)
- Sacha Lemaire: BarCampRhine (Google Video)
- Jan Theofel: Grosse Weblogprojekte (Google Video)
- Peter Hogenkamp: Schlusswort und BlogCampSwitzerland3 Ankündigung (YouTube)
Enter your name here if you're interested in speaking, organizing, helping out, or just attending. We'll hand out badges at the reception desk.
You don't have to present, but at least ask questions and be an interactive participant! If you present, you might benefit from some things to remember.
We'll have room for about 200 attendees; we'll overbook a little, if needed.
- William Lüthi, attending, organizing
- Dominik Tarolli, attending, organizing, speaking, blogging
- Remo Uherek, attending, organizing, blogging, running a blog marketing service
- Peter Hogenkamp, attending, organizing, (speaking?), blogging
- Anton Fessler, attending, speaking, running a audio services for corporate bloggers
- CyberWriter, attending, blogging
- Ronnie Grob, attending, assisting, blogging
- Roman Hanhart, attending, speaking?, blogging
- Corsin Camichel, attending, helping out, blogging/blogging
- Tom Bruehwiler, attending, lurking around, blogging
- Benjamin Rüegg, attending, help to spread, blogging
- Matthias Gutfeldt, attending
- Christian Leu, photo booth 2.0 ????
- David Burkardt, attending, having fun
- Andreas Von Gunten, attending, speaking
- Roger Levy, moviemaker, visitor
- Patrick Zoll attending, speaking, blogging
- kopfchaos attending, visitor & networking for bloglesung.ch
- christian röthlisberger, drinking around
- David Haberthür, attending, having a good time.
- Jens-Rainer Wiese, attending.
- Marc P. Bernegger attending, maybe speaking, blogging
- Denis De Mesmaeker, attending.
- sandra, attending, lurking, blogging
- Thomas Gemperle attending, maybe blogging
- Inad Realteam attending, maybe listening
- Philippe Surber attending, blogging
- Philipp Dialer attending, looking forward to being inspired once again, publishing in the SECA eNewsletter 
- Flavio Rump attending, blogging
- Markus Tressl attending, blogging
- Christoph Hugenschmidt attending, meeting friends, not blogging
- Greg Vernon attending, videotaping, blogging
- Daniel Notthoff, attending, maybe blogging
- Daniel Rei attending, blogging, again taking along Dolly
- Thomas Veit attending, maybe blogging
- Anina Sutter attending, blogging
- Simon Künzler attending, blogging
- Birgit Leifhelm, attending
- Hannes Gassert attending, probably speaking, perhaps blogging
- Martin Thomas Illi attending
- Waltraut Bellwald attending
- Stefan Bucher attending, maybe speaking
- Cédric Hüsler attending, blogging, geocoding
- Diana von Oertzen attending, blogging
- Christian Schmid attending
- Pascal Mueller, attending, presenting the CityEngine
- Hans-Ueli Wolff, attending
- Michael Schneider, attending
- Sarah Genner, attending, maybe speaking about the political relevance of blogs
- Michael Glünz, attending, most probably blogging
- Alfonso Rodriguez, attending, blogging
- Lena Greiwe, attending
- Dorian Selz, attending
- Christian Stocker, attending
- Jürg Stuker, attending
- Vlad Trifa,attending
- Ralf Fioretti, attending
- Martin SF, attending
- Roger Stellrecht, attending
- Julie, attending, blogging
- Jan Theofel, attending, offering a session
- Max Stockner, attending, blogging, making photos
- Rouven Küng, attending
- Claudia Stehli, attending, blogging
- Vera Olsen, attending
- Thomas Olsen, attending
- (Stephanie Booth, attending, speaking) not certain I'll be there I'm afraid, will be a last-minute decision
- Jochen Lillich, attending, speaking, blogging
- Joe Spencer, attending
- Michael Gisiger, attending, maybe blogging and/or speaking
- Herbert Bay, attending, presenting oo:reveal
- Prodosh Banerjee, attending
- Reto Fischer, attending, observing
- Stephan Marti-Landolt, attending, Finanzblog
- Leila Summa, attending, probably speaking
- Sebastian Wiedenroth, attending
- Andreas Wildi, attending, maybe tumblring
- Christoph Lüscher, attending, speaking if anybody wants to listen
- June von Bonin, attending
- Alain Leclerc von Bonin, attending
- Stephen Pressinger, attending
- Stephan Meyer, attending
- Sebastian Grünwaldt, attending, blogging, speaking: about Facebook?
- Mario Aeby
- Peer Dittmar, attending
- Nico Luchsinger, attending, maybe reporting
- Valentin binnendijk, attending
- Claudio Notz, attending (probably blogging)
- Leo Büttiker, attending
- Herbert Odermatt, attending, Personalblog
- Patrick C. Price, attending, blogging, maybe speaking
- Patrick Lüscher, attending
- Andreas Cahen, attending
- Christian Walter, attending
- Andreas Kapp, attending
- Sacha Lemaire, attending, blogging, maybe speaking
- Carole Hofmann, attending
- Rebekka Sigg, attending
- Sarina Tschachtli, attending
- Martin, observing, maybe blogging
- Nunzio Mannino, attending
- Simone Eppler, attending
- Thomas Birchmeier, attending
- Fabienne Steiner, Blogwerk AG, attending
- Mario Ramseier, attending
- Mandy Schiefner, attending
- Rinaldo Dieziger Supertext AG, attending, maybe blogging, maybe party around with Fabian
- Fabian Dieziger Supertext AG, attending, maybe blogging, maybe party around with Rinaldo
- Silvan Flury, attending
- Stefan Graf, Xing, attending
- Roman Balzan, attending, presenting Swissopolis (Second Life sensation from Switzerland)
- Aurel Hosennen, attending
- Jodok Kobelt, attending, maybe blogging
- Richard Züsli, attending
- Mike Herter, attending
- Luzius Meisser, attending, demoing
- Mike Herter, attending
- Fabian Pfortmüller, attending
- Rolf von Behrens, claimID, attending, providing feedback to startup demos
- Adrian Locher, smaboo & zimtkorn, attending
- Adrian Heydecker, attending, speaking
- Dania Gerhardt, amazee, attending
- Gregory Gerhardt, amazee, attending
- Lucas Bally, attending, maybe blogging
- Sven Jansen, attending, maybe presenting new php5 based blog framework Chameleon Blog
- Christian Brülhart, attending
- Christian Felder, attending
- Daniel Mühlebach, attending
- Eric Monnier, attending
- René Maeder, attending
- Marko Krause, LinkLift,Autor Gründerszene.de, private blog, Xing profile, attending
- Jürg Vollmer, attending, speaking
- Antoine Johannes Kuske thinking
- Elena Holzheu, press
- Dannie Jost speaking: The Swiss Myth
- Thomas Merkel, attending
- Urs Meile, attending, blogging
- Michael Ruepp, attending, presenting the pianobakery
- Jens-Christian Fischer, attending, peddling sheep-shirts
- Bartosz Wilczek, attending, press
- Mr Chocolate, , attending
- Mrs Chocolate, attending
- Andrea Kriesch, attending
- Dani Schenker attending, blogging
- mds, probably attending …
- Chris Gopsill, attending
- Jacqueline Lutz, ZHAW Marketing und Kommunikation, attending
- Lukas Willi, Elotex Supply Chain Manager, attending
- Christine Hallier, ZHAW, Blog
- Axel Beckert, blogging, attending
List closed at Friday, 21:00. If you're not on the list, you may still come. See you tomorrow.
Please make sure you enter the spam protection after saving! Problems entering your name? Contact Peter at peter[dot]hogenkamp[at]g.m.a.i.l[dot]com.
Would love to come, but can't make it
Renke Brausse, attendingsorry, can't come, Datev Release 18 Update Weekend - I hate it
- Richard Fluehmann, Winkelried, I'm afraid of getting contaminated by socialist bloggers
- Lea Barmettler, Blogwerk AG, is troubled synching her private and work agenda
- Reto Hartinger,
attending, hiking with daughter
- Manfred Trienbacher, can't come - next time
- Harald Gärttner,
- Alexander Müller, MORGARTEN, maybe next time
- Shadow's Pokerblog, can't come this time
- Joel Bez, planned to but finally can't come
- Patrick Hediger, going to Lausanne with our three little children alone, wish me luck...
- Andreas Häuptli doch nicht attending, sorry
- Thomas Benkö, wegen last-minute-ferien kurzfristig absagen muessen
BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 is again organized by four bloggers and/or startup entrepreneurs. Please note that all four are doing this in their private time, so it will be in no way a corporate event hosted by any of their companies. If you don't trust us, ask Matthias Gutfeldt what it was like last time.
- Dominik Tarolli, IFJ Institut für Jungunternehmen (an institute coaching entrepreneurs and startups), Blog (Overall Lead, Sponsoring)
- William Lüthi, IFJ Institut für Jungunternehmen (an institute coaching entrepreneurs and startups), Blog (Event, Infrastructure, Catering)
- Remo Uherek, trigami (Blog-Marketing), Blog (Participants)
- Peter Hogenkamp, Blogwerk AG (a commercial blog network) / Zeix AG (a usability consultancy), Blog (Communication)
If you blog about BlogCampSwitzerland, add a link to your content here (photos: please use "blogcampswitzerland" as tag):
- BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 am 20. Oktober 2007 BloggingTom
- Verkaufsmesse 2.0 Matthias Gutfeldt
- Logo Pasting leu.fm
- BlogCampSwitzerland im Oktober DonRivas
- BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 am 20. Oktober 2007 document.write("Markus Tressl");
- bloglesung(en) @ BlogCampSwitzerland2.0.....??? kopfchaos
- BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0
- BlogCamp Switzerland 2.0 (20. Oktober 2007, ETH Zürich)! SwissStartups.com
- Copyright, Copywrong wortgefecht.net
- Wieder böse Hacker am BlogCamp Switzerland? SwissStartups.com
- 2 Jahre BarCamp - Interview mit Tara Hunt und Chris Messina am BarCampBlock netznews.tv
- BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 am 20. Oktober Arno Klein
- Blogcamp Switzerland 2.0 Adrian Locher, zimtblog (zimtkorn)
- Blogcamp Switzerland 2.0 Marc P. Bernegger, ifyoucandreamityoucandoit.com (amiando AG)
- Blogcamp Switzerland 2.0 in Zürich Marko Krause, LinkLift
- BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 - Kunden-Rechte und Pflichten Finanzblog
- Geeks, Nerds & Co. am BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 bei MacMacken
- A Short Note by Dannie Jost on uncondition
- Session: Vorstellung von C-Blog (Mitschrieb)
- Session: Facts 2.0 - Blogs und Mainstreammedien auf Augenhöhe (Mitschrieb)
- Session: 10 Tipps für bessere Weblogtexte (Mitschriebb)
- 10 Tipps für bessere Weblog-Texte: Readability Optimization
- Rückblick und Ausblick
- Rückblick und Gedanken
- Blogcamp Zurich in der lieben Schweiz
- BlogCamp Switzerland 2.0, Eindrücke by Richard Züsli careguide
- Über den Swiss Myth – Eindrücke der Präsentation Claudio Notz
- BlogCampSwitzerland 2.0 - Rückblick Adrian Locher
- Winkelried.info zum Thema "Blogcamp: Trainingslager für Internet-Terroristen?"
- Quick Thoughts on BlogcampSwitzerland 2.0 Greg Vernon
- Das BlogCamp 2.0 (blogcampswitzerland) Jan Fülscher
- BlogcampSwitzerland_2.0 Dannie Jost Video "The Swiss Myth" Greg Vernon
A variety of online maps to find ETH:
- Static location map by www.ethz.ch (HG Building is marked red)
- Interactive map by local.ch
- Interactive map by map.search.ch
Tram stop: "ETH / Universitätsspital", tram lines 6/9/10
The great thing about Zurich is that it's easily reachable by train and plane - it's one hour away by air from all major European cities. Some links:
- SBB (Swiss National Railways)
- Swiss (SWISS International Air Lines)
- MySwitzerland (for hotel bookings)
- map.search.ch (maps)
- Google Map of Zurich (maps)
- Kafischnaps (zurich's cheapest rooms)
- Directions from Zurich Main Station to the ETH (by foot), takes between 5 and 10 minutes.
Travel time from the train station should be no more than ten minutes. When you arrive at "Zürich Hauptbahnhof" (getting off the train, facing the main hall), the easiest way is to go to the right, down the escalators, a few steps through the hall, up another escalator to the tram stop "Bahnhofplatz/Hauptbahnhof": Trams 3, 14 and 10 stop here. Take the 10 (final stop "Oerlikon") to "ETH/Universitätsspital" (3 stops). You can check search.ch for the up-to-date schedule. The tram stop is located directly in front of the main ETH building ("HG" for "Hauptgebäude"). It's really as easy as it sounds...
The following section is for carpooling to Zurich/Switzerland. If you are in need for a transport please add you name and your contact details to the list. If you are traveling to Zurich and have a seat or two free in your car add your name as well and add your route. Maybe you find a nice person and your travel will be less long or boring.
I need a ride
Oliver Gassner, from Hannover/Stephansstift to Zurich. Preferably on Friday night, at around 22:00. Contact: og[at]carpe.com or skype: olivergassner
<your name, from where>
I drive to Zurich
<your name, your route>
The following section is for people from abroad looking for an overnight stay near to the event. If you think it's more fun to sleep at a blogger's place than in a hotel, add you name and your contact details to the list. If you have some free space for bloggers on Friday or Saturday night, add your name as well and add your contact details. Maybe you find an interresting blogger to share your thoughts with before or after the meeting
I need a place
Sacha Lemaire from Strasbourg/France. I'll arrive late at Zürich Station on Friday evening. Contact: sachalemaire[at]hotmail[dot]com or skype: Satch67000
<your name, when>
I have a room left
<your name, when>
If you have any questions or comments, contact Peter at peter [dot] hogenkamp [at] g.m.a.i.l [dot] com.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Are there rules? See TheRulesOfBarCamp for the 'rules'.
- Can I help out? Yes of course! At the conference, we'll need people who handle registrations, questions, and guard the T-Shirts. Enter your name under 'Participants'. Also, send an e-mail to Dominik so we have your e-mail addresses.
- Can I present? Of course! Enter your name in the 'unAgenda'. Drop us a line if you have questions.
- Can I present in German? What about Schwyzertütsch? English? French? Anything is fine. Please note your language choice in the unagenda.
- What can I speak about? Anything involving blogs! The spirit of BarCamp is that you're free to choose your topic, your language, and presentation style.
- Do I have to bring in my own overhead projector, beamer, flipchart,...? No, we will have projectors, flipcharts and power supplies. All you have to bring is fun, and optionally your laptop, and your video camera, if you like.
- How can I communicate online and during sessions? There are several ways to do this: We have set up a public chat on Skype or you join us on our IRC channel #blogcampswitzerland